Monday, June 22, 2009

Disagreeing with Obama's Healthcare Plan

I've been sitting here for the last few weeks listening to the President talk about Health Care Reform, and I have a few questions for him.

First, how in God's name are we going to pay for this? Yes, Yes I know he has put forth some ideas. Namely the idea that my Great Great Grand-Children will be paying for it and all of the other spending he is doing. OUR COUNTRY IS ON A BUDGET AND WE CAN NOT AFFORD IT RIGHT NOW!

Second, there are the hidden costs. Namely, more doctors, more nurses, more clinics, more hospitals. I have news for him, all of the above are already at their care limits. How are we going to create these new personnel? Who is going to pay for the new infrastructure? Is he just going to wave his magic ice cream cone and make them all appear?

Third, who exactly will this plan cover? Medicaid already covers the poor and disabled. Will it include Illegal Immigrants? No one may be turned away at an Emergency Room. So what are we going to do about them? Are my tax dollars now going to officially pay for them as well?

Finally, lets take a quick spin through socialized medicine in other countries. The only countries where it works a "little" is ones with small population centers. The remainder, have brought nothing but negative critiques about treatment availability and treatment quality. So how are you making our lives better?

Oh, and this is to Congress...are you all going to be using this new system or will it only be the poor and uninsured who must wait for treatments, meds, doctors, etc.

I know this is alot of -itching without any solutions put forth. I will be writing on that tomorrow. I believe there has to be a better way. There is truely a REAL problem for uninsured and underinsured in this country. Tax-paying, law abiding citizens who have either lost jobs or have insurance that takes their money and gives crappy coverage. It is a crisis.

God Bless America

Betsy

1 comment:

  1. I agree. My great grand kids are going to be paying for this and other things this current administration is doing/going to do.

    I read this weekend, there aren't enough doctors for this new plan. When 46 million people start getting care, its really going to overwhelm the system.

    One of things I am hearing is a pay cap for doctors. I have heard rumblings of people who are in pre-med getting out and basically starting over with their degrees. Not good. Not good at all.

    You mentioned Medicare - NObama is cutting over (I believe the figure is) 300 billion in Medicare. I was working out yesterday when I glanced at the TV and saw the numbers.

    Do you really think Congress is going to use this system? Hell, they don't even pay their taxes. They should use it though just to see how stupid this plan really is.

    I am out of here.

    John
    The Book Donkey Signing Off

    ReplyDelete